Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Post Cards from the Past


Today I ventured out to an auction house with a good good friend.  We arrived at the auction house around 3:00 and had about an hour to move from space to space to check out all the items for auction.  We saw lots of interesting pieces from the past, or pieces from the barn, or pieces from the toy chest, or pieces from the kitchen, or pieces from the junk drawer, or just plan odd pieces.

I lingered in one space a little longer than the rest.  It had box after box of old post cards and photos.  I found these so interesting many dating back to 1910 or 1912 with post marks.  The neatly written messages to family or friends pulled me in and kept me reading for a while.  Some made me giggle, some left me wanting more.  What a fun way to spend a few hours.  


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend and hour or two or three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading old post cards, they tell a bit of the story.

    ReplyDelete