Thursday, March 3, 2016

Me!


The Year of Me!

Back in late December,  when I was starting to think about my new years resolutions, I came to the conclusion that this year needed to be about me! 

What?  Did I really just say that?  YES!  I did!  I really did!  I felt so guilty thinking it, saying it, and even writing it down as a possibility for my resolution this year.  But I did it, I said it, I wrote it, and I am living it right now.

I decided it was time to put me first.  I decided to start thinking about what was best for me.  I decided to ask myself what was it that I needed or wanted.

In January I began to record one thing each day that made me happy.  One thing that put a smile on my face.  I have one of those desk top calendars that you rip the page off to reveal the next day.  Each evening I rip that days number off and write something from the day that made me happy or made me smile.  This one has stuck with me.  I am throwing each page in a box and next new years eve, I'm going to read all the things that brought joy to my laugh and made me smile each day of the week.

Next up was February.  I decided to add five fruits and five veggies to my diet each day.  This was a bit tricky for me.  I love fresh fruits, but veggies are a different story.  I have to admit, I have struggled with this one.  I made a slight adjustment and I am working with three fruits and three veggies a day.  This is much more realistic for this bread loving girl.

This brings us to March and the Slice of Life Challenge.  I have known about the challenge for several years, and I have read many posts over the years, but never took the risk to try it for myself.  This year is the year.  This is my third month of thinking about me and what I need!  Starting a blog and writing everyday has been on my to do list for far too long.  This year, I am not pushing it to the side, I am doing it for me.  I find myself daydreaming about my post during the day, making notes about things I don't want to forget or that might make a good post.  I am loving it!  I am so glad I am here and doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Taking care of yourself is essential! (Why is that such a hard concept to allow yourself to have?) I learned this the hard way last year and have been so proud of my efforts over the past year. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete