Monday, March 7, 2016

Monday Morning Close Call!


Monday Morning Close Call...

I had a bit of trouble getting ready for school today, more so than usual.  I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear.  I showered and then stood in front of my closet, peering in, trying to plan out an outfit.  Nothing looked right. Nothing was appealing.  Nothing was speaking to me.  So, I just went with black on black on black with a little splash of red.  

But then...the shoes...what shoes should I wear?  Again, I couldn't decide, so I put on the left shoe, of my favorite old comfy black standbys.  Then just for the fun of it, I tried on the new black shoe on the right foot,  and again stood a bit longer in front of the mirror trying to decide.  Which one?  I knew today was going to be a long day, so I thought maybe I should walk around the house a bit to see if the new one would be comfortable for a long day on my feet.

I went out to the kitchen, made breakfast, packed my lunch, packed up the car, and was off to work.  I was on the road and zipping down the street on my way to school.  I came to the first stop, half way to work, and realized I had on two different shoes.  Yep!  Two different black shoes!  Seriously!  Two different black shoes!  

Panic set in, did I have enough time to turn around and head back home?  I stared at the clock and began calculating.  What was I thinking, it didn't matter how much time I had, I was not going to work with two different black shoes on my feet.  I made a quick u-turn and zipped right back to the house.   I went with my old reliable comfy black shoes.  Enough with making decisions today.

Whew!  Almost a disaster!  Although now tonight, I am thinking it might have been fun to see if my students or any of my teaching partners would have noticed the two different black soes.




5 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha! I love it! That's why I only have one pair of shoes I wear to school, then there are no mix ups! :) So glad you missed that disaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of one pair of shoes for school. I might have to consider that!

      Delete
  2. What a fun post to read! You could have always said that it was intentional and then taught a math lesson on symmetry vs asymmetrical objects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I've totally been there! I don't think I've ever worn different shoes, but I remember going to school without any makeup - I just totally forgot to put it on. Ugh. This between seasons thing is my least favorite clothes time. So hard to decide what to wear. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! Disaster averted! I think it would have been funny to tell the kids you did it on purpose to see who would notice...but I would have been too irritated and embarrassed to think of that in the moment. Thanks for sharing - loved it!

    ReplyDelete